Peru Adventure Ride
This was a 16 day Peru adventure ride with Motoquest in Peru. I arrived a couple of days early in Arequipa, our starting point, in order to explore the city.
We traveled through the high desert of western Peru, along the Pan American Highway on the coast, over the Andes, down the Sacred Valley from Machu Picchu to Cusco and back to Arequipa. Along the way we visited:
- Majes in Colca Canyon
- Pueto Inka
- Nazca (flew over the Nazca lines)
- Ollantaytambo: Visited Machu Picchu and Amazon Basin via the Tail of the Panther
- Puno: Lake Titicaca and the Uros Islands
Peru Adventure Ride Favorites
(not in any order)
- Julio’s at Majes in Colca Canyon
- The Nazca Lines
- Machu Picchu
- The “extra-credit” ride to the Amazon Basin
- Riding through Juliaca (crazy!). It’s an dual sport ride in a city.
- Norton’s Rat Tavern in Cusco
- The Uros Islands
- Sunset on the balcony overlooking the Plaza De Armas in Arequipa
- Pisco Sours
Peru adventure Ride SUMMARY
The roads were fantastic for riding with lots of twisties and incredible vistas. Of course, you must stop to enjoy the vistas. The riding can be fast and furious if you stick with the experienced riders.